As we all know, a bare moment of eye contact can say more than a thousand words – and if you’re looking to communicate across a crowded dancefloor, condensing your message into a glance is pretty much obligatory. On this latest Booth feature, Phreshy Duzit (aka Phreshy, aka Ayo…) hooks up with an R&B heavyweight to tutor listeners on the subtle art of Eye Tag. Presented here in remixed form, this EP standout finds the aptly-named Hitservice crafting a hypnotically body-moving, synth-soaked beat as the Brooklyn rapper (and new Atlantic signee) recounts a steamy encounter that began with a single look. No stranger to the club scene, Trey Songz steps into the role of wingman, complementing the Worth It emcee’s singsong flows with some melodic smoothness on the front and back. Time for your verdict, Booth readers: does this exuberant banger have what it takes to get you out onto the floor? Depending on how you answer, you’ll either love or hate the artist’s HateLove EP, set to hit record stores and online retailers sometime in the near future.
Listen to More: Phreshy Duzit
Written by richard on 01/9/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.