As we all know, a bare moment of eye contact can say more than a thousand words – and if you’re looking to communicate across a crowded dancefloor, condensing your message into a glance is pretty much obligatory. On this latest Booth feature, Phreshy Duzit (aka Phreshy, aka Ayo…) hooks up with an R&B heavyweight to tutor listeners on the subtle art of Eye Tag. Presented here in remixed form, this EP standout finds the aptly-named Hitservice crafting a hypnotically body-moving, synth-soaked beat as the Brooklyn rapper (and new Atlantic signee) recounts a steamy encounter that began with a single look. No stranger to the club scene, Trey Songz steps into the role of wingman, complementing the Worth It emcee’s singsong flows with some melodic smoothness on the front and back. Time for your verdict, Booth readers: does this exuberant banger have what it takes to get you out onto the floor? Depending on how you answer, you’ll either love or hate the artist’s HateLove EP, set to hit record stores and online retailers sometime in the near future.
Listen to More: Phreshy Duzit
Written by richard on 01/9/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.