As we all know, a bare moment of eye contact can say more than a thousand words – and if you’re looking to communicate across a crowded dancefloor, condensing your message into a glance is pretty much obligatory. On this latest Booth feature, Phreshy Duzit (aka Phreshy, aka Ayo…) hooks up with an R&B heavyweight to tutor listeners on the subtle art of Eye Tag. Presented here in remixed form, this EP standout finds the aptly-named Hitservice crafting a hypnotically body-moving, synth-soaked beat as the Brooklyn rapper (and new Atlantic signee) recounts a steamy encounter that began with a single look. No stranger to the club scene, Trey Songz steps into the role of wingman, complementing the Worth It emcee’s singsong flows with some melodic smoothness on the front and back. Time for your verdict, Booth readers: does this exuberant banger have what it takes to get you out onto the floor? Depending on how you answer, you’ll either love or hate the artist’s HateLove EP, set to hit record stores and online retailers sometime in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.