As we all know, a bare moment of eye contact can say more than a thousand words – and if you’re looking to communicate across a crowded dancefloor, condensing your message into a glance is pretty much obligatory. On this latest Booth feature, Phreshy Duzit (aka Phreshy, aka Ayo…) hooks up with an R&B heavyweight to tutor listeners on the subtle art of Eye Tag. Presented here in remixed form, this EP standout finds the aptly-named Hitservice crafting a hypnotically body-moving, synth-soaked beat as the Brooklyn rapper (and new Atlantic signee) recounts a steamy encounter that began with a single look. No stranger to the club scene, Trey Songz steps into the role of wingman, complementing the Worth It emcee’s singsong flows with some melodic smoothness on the front and back. Time for your verdict, Booth readers: does this exuberant banger have what it takes to get you out onto the floor? Depending on how you answer, you’ll either love or hate the artist’s HateLove EP, set to hit record stores and online retailers sometime in the near future.
Listen to More: Phreshy Duzit Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.