Phreshy Duzit isn’t big on line dancing, but he does enjoy a good hoedown—excuse me, Hoes Down—from time to time. His first DJBooth feature since August 2012’s reader-approved Make My Money, this freshly-minted promo single finds the Brooklyn rhymesayer and Rochester-repping Booth fave Emilio Rojas on the hunt for willing shawtys to invite back to their place for an impromptu hootenanny. (Full disclosure: I have no damn idea what a hootenanny is.) NYLZ provides a syrupy-slow, sampled beat to back their lyrical snapshots of the fast life. While this joint isn’t attached to the project, those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to more quality tunes on Phreshy Duzit’s Detrooklyn LP, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stacks on Deck" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.