While feel good music has slowly becoming somewhat of an endangered species in hip-hop, that hasn’t stopped South Florida natives Phresh James and Da Camp from releasing the delightfully upbeat What It Is. With help from Miami wordsmith Ransom Note, James, Lucci and Prez P all drop lighthearted verses, which flow effortlessly into the song’s catchy hook. Adding to the upbeat nature of What It Is is producer, Rah Beats, whose throwback production is quite reminiscent of the early 90’s boom-bap sound that was oh so prominent during that era. What It Is is the latest single off of Phresh James and Da Camp’s Timeless EP, which is due out in late August.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.