While feel good music has slowly becoming somewhat of an endangered species in hip-hop, that hasn’t stopped South Florida natives Phresh James and Da Camp from releasing the delightfully upbeat What It Is. With help from Miami wordsmith Ransom Note, James, Lucci and Prez P all drop lighthearted verses, which flow effortlessly into the song’s catchy hook. Adding to the upbeat nature of What It Is is producer, Rah Beats, whose throwback production is quite reminiscent of the early 90’s boom-bap sound that was oh so prominent during that era. What It Is is the latest single off of Phresh James and Da Camp’s Timeless EP, which is due out in late August.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.