While feel good music has slowly becoming somewhat of an endangered species in hip-hop, that hasn’t stopped South Florida natives Phresh James and Da Camp from releasing the delightfully upbeat What It Is. With help from Miami wordsmith Ransom Note, James, Lucci and Prez P all drop lighthearted verses, which flow effortlessly into the song’s catchy hook. Adding to the upbeat nature of What It Is is producer, Rah Beats, whose throwback production is quite reminiscent of the early 90’s boom-bap sound that was oh so prominent during that era. What It Is is the latest single off of Phresh James and Da Camp’s Timeless EP, which is due out in late August.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/30/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.