According to some reports, The Wave was invented by Pacific Lutheran University cheerleader Bill T. Peterson in the ‘60s, but until today the millions of sports fans haven’t had an official anthem to accompany their synchronized standing and sitting. Thanks Phresh James! Actually, James’ latest single, making its world premiere right here at The DJBooth, is far too mellow to pump out of stadium speakers, but it should get plenty of people moving in unison….if you’re picking up what I’m putting down. The Wave owes it mellow vibe to The GTW, who layers a not-quite-porn-but-close bass line over pounding percussion and then tops things off with a supremely smooth hook. It’s the perfect setting for James to put in work on the mic, flowing cleanly over the beat while he ensures the ladies that he’s far from the average player: “I’m committed ain’t with that foolishness / some call these perks I make them bliss.” If The Wave has you looking for more Phresh-ness to ride out to you’re in luck. James’ new album, Universal Lve Period, is set to hit our homepage for free stream and download tomorrow, Monday, January 16.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/15/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.