According to some reports, The Wave was invented by Pacific Lutheran University cheerleader Bill T. Peterson in the ‘60s, but until today the millions of sports fans haven’t had an official anthem to accompany their synchronized standing and sitting. Thanks Phresh James! Actually, James’ latest single, making its world premiere right here at The DJBooth, is far too mellow to pump out of stadium speakers, but it should get plenty of people moving in unison….if you’re picking up what I’m putting down. The Wave owes it mellow vibe to The GTW, who layers a not-quite-porn-but-close bass line over pounding percussion and then tops things off with a supremely smooth hook. It’s the perfect setting for James to put in work on the mic, flowing cleanly over the beat while he ensures the ladies that he’s far from the average player: “I’m committed ain’t with that foolishness / some call these perks I make them bliss.” If The Wave has you looking for more Phresh-ness to ride out to you’re in luck. James’ new album, Universal Lve Period, is set to hit our homepage for free stream and download tomorrow, Monday, January 16.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/15/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.