According to some reports, The Wave was invented by Pacific Lutheran University cheerleader Bill T. Peterson in the ‘60s, but until today the millions of sports fans haven’t had an official anthem to accompany their synchronized standing and sitting. Thanks Phresh James! Actually, James’ latest single, making its world premiere right here at The DJBooth, is far too mellow to pump out of stadium speakers, but it should get plenty of people moving in unison….if you’re picking up what I’m putting down. The Wave owes it mellow vibe to The GTW, who layers a not-quite-porn-but-close bass line over pounding percussion and then tops things off with a supremely smooth hook. It’s the perfect setting for James to put in work on the mic, flowing cleanly over the beat while he ensures the ladies that he’s far from the average player: “I’m committed ain’t with that foolishness / some call these perks I make them bliss.” If The Wave has you looking for more Phresh-ness to ride out to you’re in luck. James’ new album, Universal Lve Period, is set to hit our homepage for free stream and download tomorrow, Monday, January 16.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.