According to some reports, The Wave was invented by Pacific Lutheran University cheerleader Bill T. Peterson in the ‘60s, but until today the millions of sports fans haven’t had an official anthem to accompany their synchronized standing and sitting. Thanks Phresh James! Actually, James’ latest single, making its world premiere right here at The DJBooth, is far too mellow to pump out of stadium speakers, but it should get plenty of people moving in unison….if you’re picking up what I’m putting down. The Wave owes it mellow vibe to The GTW, who layers a not-quite-porn-but-close bass line over pounding percussion and then tops things off with a supremely smooth hook. It’s the perfect setting for James to put in work on the mic, flowing cleanly over the beat while he ensures the ladies that he’s far from the average player: “I’m committed ain’t with that foolishness / some call these perks I make them bliss.” If The Wave has you looking for more Phresh-ness to ride out to you’re in luck. James’ new album, Universal Lve Period, is set to hit our homepage for free stream and download tomorrow, Monday, January 16.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.