Feel like listening to a new record from Phresh James, the Panhandle State emcee who brought us WanderLust? Well, guess what: I Don’t Care. Just kidding, Booth readers—you know I’m all about catering to your every need. But that is the title of the latest effort from the 305 repper, a newly-unearthed remix of a 2009 mixtape single. Zip looks to Zapp & Roger for inspiration on the production tip, flipping a tuneful sample from Heartbreaker into a smooth instrumental backdrop (complete with vocoded hook) for the headliner’s reflections on the frustrations of being in a dead-end relationship. Ever the gentleman, though, James lets his guests go first; DMV fave Phil Adé is first to rock the mic, dropping an aggrieved yet pun-packed (”Been sweet to you, all I’m gettin’ is insulin, and I don’t deserve insolence / ATM, this sh*t’s centsless”) opener, and Chi-town newcomer The GTW wonders if he and his girl can rekindle the flame on a melodically-flowed middle contribution. Though IDC (Remix) isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those digging it can hear more on Universal Lve Period, coming this winter. Watch for the project’s second single to drop Sept. 22!
Written by richard on 09/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.