Feel like listening to a new record from Phresh James, the Panhandle State emcee who brought us WanderLust? Well, guess what: I Don’t Care. Just kidding, Booth readers—you know I’m all about catering to your every need. But that is the title of the latest effort from the 305 repper, a newly-unearthed remix of a 2009 mixtape single. Zip looks to Zapp & Roger for inspiration on the production tip, flipping a tuneful sample from Heartbreaker into a smooth instrumental backdrop (complete with vocoded hook) for the headliner’s reflections on the frustrations of being in a dead-end relationship. Ever the gentleman, though, James lets his guests go first; DMV fave Phil Adé is first to rock the mic, dropping an aggrieved yet pun-packed (”Been sweet to you, all I’m gettin’ is insulin, and I don’t deserve insolence / ATM, this sh*t’s centsless”) opener, and Chi-town newcomer The GTW wonders if he and his girl can rekindle the flame on a melodically-flowed middle contribution. Though IDC (Remix) isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those digging it can hear more on Universal Lve Period, coming this winter. Watch for the project’s second single to drop Sept. 22!
Written by richard on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.