Feel like listening to a new record from Phresh James, the Panhandle State emcee who brought us WanderLust? Well, guess what: I Don’t Care. Just kidding, Booth readers—you know I’m all about catering to your every need. But that is the title of the latest effort from the 305 repper, a newly-unearthed remix of a 2009 mixtape single. Zip looks to Zapp & Roger for inspiration on the production tip, flipping a tuneful sample from Heartbreaker into a smooth instrumental backdrop (complete with vocoded hook) for the headliner’s reflections on the frustrations of being in a dead-end relationship. Ever the gentleman, though, James lets his guests go first; DMV fave Phil Adé is first to rock the mic, dropping an aggrieved yet pun-packed (”Been sweet to you, all I’m gettin’ is insulin, and I don’t deserve insolence / ATM, this sh*t’s centsless”) opener, and Chi-town newcomer The GTW wonders if he and his girl can rekindle the flame on a melodically-flowed middle contribution. Though IDC (Remix) isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those digging it can hear more on Universal Lve Period, coming this winter. Watch for the project’s second single to drop Sept. 22!
Written by richard on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.