Booth readers have considerable confidence in Phresh James (Don’t believe me, just peep the reviews on his last feature, IDC (Remix)). Nonetheless, the Florida repper’s been wrestling with self-doubt lately—thus, on unreleased jam Falling, the emcee engages in a little mic therapy, airing his frustrations with the music game, the grind and the people surrounding him over a beat sampled from James Blake‘s The Wilhelm Scream. Does this cathartic cut leave you craving more fresh tunes? Lonely, the second single off James’ yet-unscheduled Universal Lve Period mixtape, is scheduled to drop next Thursday, September 29.
Written by richard on 09/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.