Booth readers have considerable confidence in Phresh James (Don’t believe me, just peep the reviews on his last feature, IDC (Remix)). Nonetheless, the Florida repper’s been wrestling with self-doubt lately—thus, on unreleased jam Falling, the emcee engages in a little mic therapy, airing his frustrations with the music game, the grind and the people surrounding him over a beat sampled from James Blake‘s The Wilhelm Scream. Does this cathartic cut leave you craving more fresh tunes? Lonely, the second single off James’ yet-unscheduled Universal Lve Period mixtape, is scheduled to drop next Thursday, September 29.
Written by richard on 09/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.