Booth readers have considerable confidence in Phresh James (Don’t believe me, just peep the reviews on his last feature, IDC (Remix)). Nonetheless, the Florida repper’s been wrestling with self-doubt lately—thus, on unreleased jam Falling, the emcee engages in a little mic therapy, airing his frustrations with the music game, the grind and the people surrounding him over a beat sampled from James Blake‘s The Wilhelm Scream. Does this cathartic cut leave you craving more fresh tunes? Lonely, the second single off James’ yet-unscheduled Universal Lve Period mixtape, is scheduled to drop next Thursday, September 29.
Written by richard on 09/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.