Booth readers have considerable confidence in Phresh James (Don’t believe me, just peep the reviews on his last feature, IDC (Remix)). Nonetheless, the Florida repper’s been wrestling with self-doubt lately—thus, on unreleased jam Falling, the emcee engages in a little mic therapy, airing his frustrations with the music game, the grind and the people surrounding him over a beat sampled from James Blake‘s The Wilhelm Scream. Does this cathartic cut leave you craving more fresh tunes? Lonely, the second single off James’ yet-unscheduled Universal Lve Period mixtape, is scheduled to drop next Thursday, September 29.
Written by richard on 09/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.