A month has passed since Phresh James stepped into the Booth with post-breakup jam Lonely, but the Panhandle State repper is still neck-deep in the grieving process. On follow-up Down the Line, Bodega‘s moody acoustic-guitar samples (borrowed from Jose Gonzales’ tunes of the same title) set the stage for lyrical reflections on heartbreak from James and fellow Floridian J. NiCS. Phresh James’ Universal Lve Period street album is scheduled for release in December, and fans can look forward to the Booth-sponsored first installment of J. NiCS’ Southern N*ggas Ain’t Slow mixtape on November 14.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.