A month has passed since Phresh James stepped into the Booth with post-breakup jam Lonely, but the Panhandle State repper is still neck-deep in the grieving process. On follow-up Down the Line, Bodega‘s moody acoustic-guitar samples (borrowed from Jose Gonzales’ tunes of the same title) set the stage for lyrical reflections on heartbreak from James and fellow Floridian J. NiCS. Phresh James’ Universal Lve Period street album is scheduled for release in December, and fans can look forward to the Booth-sponsored first installment of J. NiCS’ Southern N*ggas Ain’t Slow mixtape on November 14.
Written by richard on 11/4/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.