For many rappers, the hustle for paper becomes such a priority that everything else about life becomes an afterthought. As Ferris Bueller wisely said, however, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Phresh James ain’t about to let that happen. As the DJBooth regular and South Florida representative explains on new EP single Chasing Karats, his top priority isn’t to collect gold and diamonds, but to enjoy himself and appreciate the precious “jewels” that life throws his way daily. The result? He may not be swimming in bucks just yet, but he’s got peace of mind and a down chick who’s not with him for the money. DJ Sharpsound provides a fittingly mellow instrumental backdrop for James’ bars, overlaying a leisurely rhythm section with dreamy, sliced and diced samples. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find his record, along with the previously-featured ThinkingHat and much more on TheGreaterGoodEP, scheduled for digital release soon. In the meantime, you can still cop James’ last project, Universal Lve Period, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.