For many rappers, the hustle for paper becomes such a priority that everything else about life becomes an afterthought. As Ferris Bueller wisely said, however, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Phresh James ain’t about to let that happen. As the DJBooth regular and South Florida representative explains on new EP single Chasing Karats, his top priority isn’t to collect gold and diamonds, but to enjoy himself and appreciate the precious “jewels” that life throws his way daily. The result? He may not be swimming in bucks just yet, but he’s got peace of mind and a down chick who’s not with him for the money. DJ Sharpsound provides a fittingly mellow instrumental backdrop for James’ bars, overlaying a leisurely rhythm section with dreamy, sliced and diced samples. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find his record, along with the previously-featured ThinkingHat and much more on TheGreaterGoodEP, scheduled for digital release soon. In the meantime, you can still cop James’ last project, Universal Lve Period, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.