For many rappers, the hustle for paper becomes such a priority that everything else about life becomes an afterthought. As Ferris Bueller wisely said, however, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Phresh James ain’t about to let that happen. As the DJBooth regular and South Florida representative explains on new EP single Chasing Karats, his top priority isn’t to collect gold and diamonds, but to enjoy himself and appreciate the precious “jewels” that life throws his way daily. The result? He may not be swimming in bucks just yet, but he’s got peace of mind and a down chick who’s not with him for the money. DJ Sharpsound provides a fittingly mellow instrumental backdrop for James’ bars, overlaying a leisurely rhythm section with dreamy, sliced and diced samples. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find his record, along with the previously-featured ThinkingHat and much more on TheGreaterGoodEP, scheduled for digital release soon. In the meantime, you can still cop James’ last project, Universal Lve Period, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/13/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.