When an act’s been away from our pages for as long as the Phony Ppl—their first and, to date, only feature hit the Booth in 2012—there’s no telling what to expect when they return with a fresh record in tow. After all, a group’s sound can change a lot in two years. In this case, I urge you to do as the title says and Take a Chance on the Brooklynites’ new single. While the group’s in-house production sounds a bit warmer and breezier this time around, the smooth appeal of Dyme-A-Duzin, PJ and Elbee‘s sung and flowed vocals hasn’t diminished in the intervening years. This joint is the lead single off a forthcoming project, the title and release date of which have yet to be announced. We’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"morninG after pill" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.