I know it’s my job to describe music in words, and whatnot, but sometimes a new song comes along that just has to be heard to be understood. At the most basic level there’s nothing particularly crazy about Brooklyn based crew Phony Ppl (making their DJBooth debut here) and their new song morningG after pill. The self-produced instrumental features a relaxed mix of the group’s collective drums, guitar, keys, along with vocals from Phony members Dyme-A-Duzin, PJ and Elbee, and there’s certainly nothing new about relationship rhymes from Theophilus London. But it’s the way all those elements come together than truly pushes this one into indescribable territory. morninG after pill is a standout selection from Phony Ppl’s new nothinG special EP, out now. And with that I’ll shut up and let you get to listening.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)