From stylist to socialite to songstress, it’s no secret that DJBooth newcomer and all-things-vintage connoisseur Phlo Finister wears a variety of hats, but for her debut on our pages the singer seems content with merely donning one hat and that is her mod R&B singer cap (or more appropriately, 1920’s-inspired bonnet). In preparation for her forthcoming Poster Girl EP the Oakland-born songbird has released the the project’s first single, a sultry tune by the name of Million Flowers. Backed by Los Angeles beatmonger Benny Cassette‘s mod-inspired production, the fashionable chanteuse showcases her airy vocals as she eerily croons, “A million flowers in the air/ Don’t be scared, I showed up late to my funeral.” Although a release date for Finister’s Poster Girl EP remains in the air, you can likely expect to hear several enchanting tunes from the singer prior to its release.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.