From stylist to socialite to songstress, it’s no secret that DJBooth newcomer and all-things-vintage connoisseur Phlo Finister wears a variety of hats, but for her debut on our pages the singer seems content with merely donning one hat and that is her mod R&B singer cap (or more appropriately, 1920’s-inspired bonnet). In preparation for her forthcoming Poster Girl EP the Oakland-born songbird has released the the project’s first single, a sultry tune by the name of Million Flowers. Backed by Los Angeles beatmonger Benny Cassette‘s mod-inspired production, the fashionable chanteuse showcases her airy vocals as she eerily croons, “A million flowers in the air/ Don’t be scared, I showed up late to my funeral.” Although a release date for Finister’s Poster Girl EP remains in the air, you can likely expect to hear several enchanting tunes from the singer prior to its release.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.