From stylist to socialite to songstress, it’s no secret that DJBooth newcomer and all-things-vintage connoisseur Phlo Finister wears a variety of hats, but for her debut on our pages the singer seems content with merely donning one hat and that is her mod R&B singer cap (or more appropriately, 1920’s-inspired bonnet). In preparation for her forthcoming Poster Girl EP the Oakland-born songbird has released the the project’s first single, a sultry tune by the name of Million Flowers. Backed by Los Angeles beatmonger Benny Cassette‘s mod-inspired production, the fashionable chanteuse showcases her airy vocals as she eerily croons, “A million flowers in the air/ Don’t be scared, I showed up late to my funeral.” Although a release date for Finister’s Poster Girl EP remains in the air, you can likely expect to hear several enchanting tunes from the singer prior to its release.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/22/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.