From stylist to socialite to songstress, it’s no secret that DJBooth newcomer and all-things-vintage connoisseur Phlo Finister wears a variety of hats, but for her debut on our pages the singer seems content with merely donning one hat and that is her mod R&B singer cap (or more appropriately, 1920’s-inspired bonnet). In preparation for her forthcoming Poster Girl EP the Oakland-born songbird has released the the project’s first single, a sultry tune by the name of Million Flowers. Backed by Los Angeles beatmonger Benny Cassette‘s mod-inspired production, the fashionable chanteuse showcases her airy vocals as she eerily croons, “A million flowers in the air/ Don’t be scared, I showed up late to my funeral.” Although a release date for Finister’s Poster Girl EP remains in the air, you can likely expect to hear several enchanting tunes from the singer prior to its release.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.