From stylist to socialite to songstress, it’s no secret that DJBooth newcomer and all-things-vintage connoisseur Phlo Finister wears a variety of hats, but for her debut on our pages the singer seems content with merely donning one hat and that is her mod R&B singer cap (or more appropriately, 1920’s-inspired bonnet). In preparation for her forthcoming Poster Girl EP the Oakland-born songbird has released the the project’s first single, a sultry tune by the name of Million Flowers. Backed by Los Angeles beatmonger Benny Cassette‘s mod-inspired production, the fashionable chanteuse showcases her airy vocals as she eerily croons, “A million flowers in the air/ Don’t be scared, I showed up late to my funeral.” Although a release date for Finister’s Poster Girl EP remains in the air, you can likely expect to hear several enchanting tunes from the singer prior to its release.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.