Sumdays you wake up with a full reservoir of energy and motivation, others you can barely muster the energy to get out of bed. Whichever kind you’re having, it’s bound to take a turn for the better when you hit play on the latest single from Phil the Thrill. Here, a soulful, sample-peppered Wonya Love beat bumps in the back as the Virginia repper paints a panoramic picture of his quotidian existence, from the endless hours he spends on the grind to his liquor, weed and sex-fueled days off. Has this breezy, blunted cut left you craving more? Then watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the summer arrival of Phil’s next mixtape, Barely Awake II.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scene of a Dream" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.