Sumdays you wake up with a full reservoir of energy and motivation, others you can barely muster the energy to get out of bed. Whichever kind you’re having, it’s bound to take a turn for the better when you hit play on the latest single from Phil the Thrill. Here, a soulful, sample-peppered Wonya Love beat bumps in the back as the Virginia repper paints a panoramic picture of his quotidian existence, from the endless hours he spends on the grind to his liquor, weed and sex-fueled days off. Has this breezy, blunted cut left you craving more? Then watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the summer arrival of Phil’s next mixtape, Barely Awake II.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scene of a Dream" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)