Sumdays you wake up with a full reservoir of energy and motivation, others you can barely muster the energy to get out of bed. Whichever kind you’re having, it’s bound to take a turn for the better when you hit play on the latest single from Phil the Thrill. Here, a soulful, sample-peppered Wonya Love beat bumps in the back as the Virginia repper paints a panoramic picture of his quotidian existence, from the endless hours he spends on the grind to his liquor, weed and sex-fueled days off. Has this breezy, blunted cut left you craving more? Then watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the summer arrival of Phil’s next mixtape, Barely Awake II.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scene of a Dream" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.