Sumdays you wake up with a full reservoir of energy and motivation, others you can barely muster the energy to get out of bed. Whichever kind you’re having, it’s bound to take a turn for the better when you hit play on the latest single from Phil the Thrill. Here, a soulful, sample-peppered Wonya Love beat bumps in the back as the Virginia repper paints a panoramic picture of his quotidian existence, from the endless hours he spends on the grind to his liquor, weed and sex-fueled days off. Has this breezy, blunted cut left you craving more? Then watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the summer arrival of Phil’s next mixtape, Barely Awake II.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scene of a Dream" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)