Raise your hand if you’ve ever had a day when everything turned to sh*t and you just couldn’t seem to catch a break. Those with their hands up (which should be all of you) will be able to relate to Long Day, the latest effort from Phil The Thrill. On this fresh cut, his first feature following a brief hiatus, the Va. native chases our blues away with the help of a genuine, relatable delivery and charismatic flow. Phil showcases his appealing rhyme style over the crafty boardwork of producer Wymmtimmee, who gives a Maroon 5 sample the Lana Del Rey treatment, chopping the vocals and placing them atop a airy, poppy beat. If this jam gets you through a bad day, then you owe it to Phil to check out his next project, sleepLESS, which is set to drop this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scene of a Dream" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.