Scene of a Dream, Phil The Thrill‘s first and, to date, only DJBooth feature found him letting listeners in on just a few of the thoughts, memories and intricate fantasies drifting around his psyche. Rich and complex as his inner world may be, however, he’s not using it as an excuse to neglect his waking LIIIFE; on single numero dos of the project, the Virginia rhymesayer gives us an idea of just how hard he’s been working to turn his reveries into reality. UK rhymesayer Terrorsum guests, joining the headliner over KREWS’ inspired sampling of Paul McCartney solo cut Uncle Albert. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the release of Phil’s sleepLESS LP in the first quarter of 2013.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Scene of a Dream" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.