Phil Nash knows he’s destined to do big things in the rap game, but his big break has yet to materialize. Until the day it does, the Motown rhymesayer will Still be Waitin’ tables at a local dining establishment—and, as this promo single’s subtitle (I Really Hate My Job) indicates, loathing every minute of it. Over a laid-back industry beat by the late, great J. Dilla, Nash recites a litany of gripes that’ll ring familiar to anyone who’s ever worked in the service industry, from customers cracking offensive jokes to families with seven children. Brian Paterno directs the joint’s irreverent visual accompaniment. Still Waitin’ is just a loosie, but we’ll keep y’all posted on Nash’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Unstoppable (Regional Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.