Phil Nash knows he’s destined to do big things in the rap game, but his big break has yet to materialize. Until the day it does, the Motown rhymesayer will Still be Waitin’ tables at a local dining establishment—and, as this promo single’s subtitle (I Really Hate My Job) indicates, loathing every minute of it. Over a laid-back industry beat by the late, great J. Dilla, Nash recites a litany of gripes that’ll ring familiar to anyone who’s ever worked in the service industry, from customers cracking offensive jokes to families with seven children. Brian Paterno directs the joint’s irreverent visual accompaniment. Still Waitin’ is just a loosie, but we’ll keep y’all posted on Nash’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Unstoppable (Regional Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.