Phil Nash knows he’s destined to do big things in the rap game, but his big break has yet to materialize. Until the day it does, the Motown rhymesayer will Still be Waitin’ tables at a local dining establishment—and, as this promo single’s subtitle (I Really Hate My Job) indicates, loathing every minute of it. Over a laid-back industry beat by the late, great J. Dilla, Nash recites a litany of gripes that’ll ring familiar to anyone who’s ever worked in the service industry, from customers cracking offensive jokes to families with seven children. Brian Paterno directs the joint’s irreverent visual accompaniment. Still Waitin’ is just a loosie, but we’ll keep y’all posted on Nash’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Unstoppable (Regional Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.