Phil Nash knows he’s destined to do big things in the rap game, but his big break has yet to materialize. Until the day it does, the Motown rhymesayer will Still be Waitin’ tables at a local dining establishment—and, as this promo single’s subtitle (I Really Hate My Job) indicates, loathing every minute of it. Over a laid-back industry beat by the late, great J. Dilla, Nash recites a litany of gripes that’ll ring familiar to anyone who’s ever worked in the service industry, from customers cracking offensive jokes to families with seven children. Brian Paterno directs the joint’s irreverent visual accompaniment. Still Waitin’ is just a loosie, but we’ll keep y’all posted on Nash’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Unstoppable (Regional Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)