Last we featured Phil Nash on the solo tip was in August of 2009, when the Motown rapper/producer stepped into the Booth with entry #78 in our exclusive freestyle series (which is set to return in March, by the way). Clearly, we’ve got some catching up to do. On Love Sick, the latest single off his forthcoming debut set, the artist brings us up to speed on his romantic life, which… well, let’s just say it’s been better. Over his own production, a head-noddable, synth-laced arrangement peppered with thematically-appropriate samples from Pac-Man and Duck Hunt, Nash chronicles his struggle to get a certain ex-girl off his brain. All of his efforts, however, are foiled when he runs into the woman in question at the local shopping mall. The Audio Science Project has yet to receive a drop date, but those feeling this whiskey-soaked breakup jam can stay tuned to the Booth for further news and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 02/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Unstoppable (Regional Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.