Featured earlier this month, Unstoppable (Regional Remix) introduced the Booth to up-and-coming emcee Phil Nash, and, judging by the reader reviews, he couldn’t have made a better first impression. If you were among those who considered the Motown motormouth’s rapid-fire rhymes the cut’s high point, you’re in for a treat; making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, mixtape cut Going Up sees the rapper employing the same hyperkinetic flow as he chronicles his climb to the top. Pairing his out-of-this world delivery with decidedly down-to-earth lyrical substance, Nash describes the passion for music that keeps him going even when he’s flat broke and acknowledges the trials and tribulations that currently plague up-and-coming artists and average Americans alike. Complete with a smooth, synth-driven instrumental by Lap on Trak, Going Up should have fans waiting with bated breath for the release of Dub Floyd Presents Phil Nash: He’s The DJ, I’m The Rapper later this week, as well as the emcee’s forthcoming contribution to our own exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 03/29/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Unstoppable (Regional Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)