Featured earlier this month, Unstoppable (Regional Remix) introduced the Booth to up-and-coming emcee Phil Nash, and, judging by the reader reviews, he couldn’t have made a better first impression. If you were among those who considered the Motown motormouth’s rapid-fire rhymes the cut’s high point, you’re in for a treat; making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, mixtape cut Going Up sees the rapper employing the same hyperkinetic flow as he chronicles his climb to the top. Pairing his out-of-this world delivery with decidedly down-to-earth lyrical substance, Nash describes the passion for music that keeps him going even when he’s flat broke and acknowledges the trials and tribulations that currently plague up-and-coming artists and average Americans alike. Complete with a smooth, synth-driven instrumental by Lap on Trak, Going Up should have fans waiting with bated breath for the release of Dub Floyd Presents Phil Nash: He’s The DJ, I’m The Rapper later this week, as well as the emcee’s forthcoming contribution to our own exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Unstoppable (Regional Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.