Why exactly are we here, floating along ”on a rock in the stars”? Unfortunately for those who were hoping to extract the meaning of life from a pop song (high expectations much?), Phil Beaudreau doesn’t know the answer—but he does have an opinion on just about everything else. On new promotional single This Is Why, the Take It High singer/songwriter reflects on a number of timely issues, from gun control to the power of mass media over the public consciousness. In addition to providing a lushly-sampled instrumental backdrop for Beaudreau’s reflections, Dawaun Parker steps out from behind the mixing boards to deliver guest bars on the front and back. Feeling it? While this cut isn’t part of any larger project, you can stay tuned for the latest from both collaborators in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
ETHER is the official debut project of newcomer Phil Beaudreau. Presented and produced by multi-platinum selling producer Dawaun Parker, ETHER was recorded, performed and arranged in its entirety by Beaudreau. Traveling an...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It High" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.