Why exactly are we here, floating along ”on a rock in the stars”? Unfortunately for those who were hoping to extract the meaning of life from a pop song (high expectations much?), Phil Beaudreau doesn’t know the answer—but he does have an opinion on just about everything else. On new promotional single This Is Why, the Take It High singer/songwriter reflects on a number of timely issues, from gun control to the power of mass media over the public consciousness. In addition to providing a lushly-sampled instrumental backdrop for Beaudreau’s reflections, Dawaun Parker steps out from behind the mixing boards to deliver guest bars on the front and back. Feeling it? While this cut isn’t part of any larger project, you can stay tuned for the latest from both collaborators in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It High" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.