Why exactly are we here, floating along ”on a rock in the stars”? Unfortunately for those who were hoping to extract the meaning of life from a pop song (high expectations much?), Phil Beaudreau doesn’t know the answer—but he does have an opinion on just about everything else. On new promotional single This Is Why, the Take It High singer/songwriter reflects on a number of timely issues, from gun control to the power of mass media over the public consciousness. In addition to providing a lushly-sampled instrumental backdrop for Beaudreau’s reflections, Dawaun Parker steps out from behind the mixing boards to deliver guest bars on the front and back. Feeling it? While this cut isn’t part of any larger project, you can stay tuned for the latest from both collaborators in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It High" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.