Why exactly are we here, floating along ”on a rock in the stars”? Unfortunately for those who were hoping to extract the meaning of life from a pop song (high expectations much?), Phil Beaudreau doesn’t know the answer—but he does have an opinion on just about everything else. On new promotional single This Is Why, the Take It High singer/songwriter reflects on a number of timely issues, from gun control to the power of mass media over the public consciousness. In addition to providing a lushly-sampled instrumental backdrop for Beaudreau’s reflections, Dawaun Parker steps out from behind the mixing boards to deliver guest bars on the front and back. Feeling it? While this cut isn’t part of any larger project, you can stay tuned for the latest from both collaborators in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It High" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.