As anyone who knows their Greek mythology is aware, flying too close to the sun is a surefire recipe for a watery grave. That is, if you’re rocking wings made of wax; if, like Booth newcomer Phil Beaudreau, you’re striving to reach new heights through music, then your only limit is the sky above you. On freshly-minted EP single Take It High, the budding singer and beatsmith chronicles his own battle against gravity over a lush backdrop of chopped vocal samples and hip hop-infused percussion. Has Phil succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this soaring, Dawaun Parker-produced debut feature? Those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the spring 2013 arrival of his Ether EP.
Written by richard on 01/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Changes" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)