As anyone who knows their Greek mythology is aware, flying too close to the sun is a surefire recipe for a watery grave. That is, if you’re rocking wings made of wax; if, like Booth newcomer Phil Beaudreau, you’re striving to reach new heights through music, then your only limit is the sky above you. On freshly-minted EP single Take It High, the budding singer and beatsmith chronicles his own battle against gravity over a lush backdrop of chopped vocal samples and hip hop-infused percussion. Has Phil succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this soaring, Dawaun Parker-produced debut feature? Those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the spring 2013 arrival of his Ether EP.
Written by richard on 01/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Changes" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.