As anyone who knows their Greek mythology is aware, flying too close to the sun is a surefire recipe for a watery grave. That is, if you’re rocking wings made of wax; if, like Booth newcomer Phil Beaudreau, you’re striving to reach new heights through music, then your only limit is the sky above you. On freshly-minted EP single Take It High, the budding singer and beatsmith chronicles his own battle against gravity over a lush backdrop of chopped vocal samples and hip hop-infused percussion. Has Phil succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this soaring, Dawaun Parker-produced debut feature? Those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the spring 2013 arrival of his Ether EP.
Written by richard on 01/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Changes" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.