If you are like me that means that you’ve been constantly checking Twitter and Reddit for updates in the Boston Marathon manhunt, to the point where it has become a daily habit similar to eating or sleeping. I’m sure Phil Beaudreau, a native Bostonian, has been glued to social media too, but that hasn’t stopped him from creating new, ever-relevant music. While listening to a Madlib beat, featuring a vintage, almost rag-time vibe, Beaudreau got word of the attacks, so naturally, he has dedicated the cut to all his fellow Bostonians equally impacted by the events of the past five days. Raid [enemy], might sound like a dark cut, but Phil’s fluttering, unique vocals bring a feel good vibe to the cut; something which we all could use after a long, emotionally draining week.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/19/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It High" (2013)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.