If you are like me that means that you’ve been constantly checking Twitter and Reddit for updates in the Boston Marathon manhunt, to the point where it has become a daily habit similar to eating or sleeping. I’m sure Phil Beaudreau, a native Bostonian, has been glued to social media too, but that hasn’t stopped him from creating new, ever-relevant music. While listening to a Madlib beat, featuring a vintage, almost rag-time vibe, Beaudreau got word of the attacks, so naturally, he has dedicated the cut to all his fellow Bostonians equally impacted by the events of the past five days. Raid [enemy], might sound like a dark cut, but Phil’s fluttering, unique vocals bring a feel good vibe to the cut; something which we all could use after a long, emotionally draining week.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It High" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.