If you are like me that means that you’ve been constantly checking Twitter and Reddit for updates in the Boston Marathon manhunt, to the point where it has become a daily habit similar to eating or sleeping. I’m sure Phil Beaudreau, a native Bostonian, has been glued to social media too, but that hasn’t stopped him from creating new, ever-relevant music. While listening to a Madlib beat, featuring a vintage, almost rag-time vibe, Beaudreau got word of the attacks, so naturally, he has dedicated the cut to all his fellow Bostonians equally impacted by the events of the past five days. Raid [enemy], might sound like a dark cut, but Phil’s fluttering, unique vocals bring a feel good vibe to the cut; something which we all could use after a long, emotionally draining week.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It High" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.