If you are like me that means that you’ve been constantly checking Twitter and Reddit for updates in the Boston Marathon manhunt, to the point where it has become a daily habit similar to eating or sleeping. I’m sure Phil Beaudreau, a native Bostonian, has been glued to social media too, but that hasn’t stopped him from creating new, ever-relevant music. While listening to a Madlib beat, featuring a vintage, almost rag-time vibe, Beaudreau got word of the attacks, so naturally, he has dedicated the cut to all his fellow Bostonians equally impacted by the events of the past five days. Raid [enemy], might sound like a dark cut, but Phil’s fluttering, unique vocals bring a feel good vibe to the cut; something which we all could use after a long, emotionally draining week.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It High" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.