If you are like me that means that you’ve been constantly checking Twitter and Reddit for updates in the Boston Marathon manhunt, to the point where it has become a daily habit similar to eating or sleeping. I’m sure Phil Beaudreau, a native Bostonian, has been glued to social media too, but that hasn’t stopped him from creating new, ever-relevant music. While listening to a Madlib beat, featuring a vintage, almost rag-time vibe, Beaudreau got word of the attacks, so naturally, he has dedicated the cut to all his fellow Bostonians equally impacted by the events of the past five days. Raid [enemy], might sound like a dark cut, but Phil’s fluttering, unique vocals bring a feel good vibe to the cut; something which we all could use after a long, emotionally draining week.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take It High" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.