On the last installment in his ongoing series, a certain Maryland repper ‘Phil’-ed (sorry) us in on exactly what he wanted out of life: mad bass, his name up in lights, a place for his home state on the national map, and so on. As it turns out, though, he forgot something: the success Phil Adé‘s after won’t be nearly as sweet if he’s not enjoying it with a certain woman by his side. Your Hands, slated for inclusion on the summer release of Phil’s A Different World LP, finds the freestyle series alumnus showcasing his sensitive side as he struggles to patch up a relationship with a shawty who means the world to him. With Mark Henry‘s R&B-sampled boardwork rolling in the background, Phil sits down for a heart-to-heart with the girl in question, affirming his desire for commitment but insisting that he needs trust, respect and space to pursue his musical dreams. Ultimately, the emcee entrusts her with the fate of their relationship: “I don’t know what else to do, I’ma leave it up to you.” Will they be able to work things out in the end? Only time will tell. One thing’s for certain, though: if you’re digging this cut, you can keep it locked to the Booth for all your #PhilAdeFridays needs!
Written by richard on 04/11/11
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.