Like most of us, Phil Adé needs a vacation every now and again. It’s not the professional grind that runs the DMV rhymesayer down, however—it’s the exhausting demands of the many women in his life. Tired of playing the field, Phil contemplates settling down with his favorite chick on new mixtape single Xscape. Over Ashton Gold‘s tuneful, R&B-infused boardwork, Adé expresses his doubts about monogamy, but tells the girl in question, “If you wanna, we can take it there.” For this smooth selection, May’s reader-acclaimed Nas Told Me and many more fresh cuts, check out Phil’s R.O.S.E. street album when it drops digitally on Tuesday, July 30.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.