Phil Adé just can’t stop releasing dopeness. After dropping The Letterman, hosted by Don Cannon, the question is no longer whether DJBooth Freestyle alum Phil Adé is ready for the industry, the question is just how big the man’s going to become. After grabbing us with solid songs like Hollywood, Out Your Clothes featuring Raheem Devaughn and Toast to Life, on his latest new offering, Ms.Temptation, Adé invites us into his world where he keeps running into the aforementioned female, a girl he can look at but never touch. While producer Sunny Norway arranges an almost flawless track driven by a strong string section, climaxing in a catchy bridge complimented by a rhythm of hand clap, the 368 Music Group star narrates his experience with his trademark mix of clever and deep lines: “Damn girl why you dressed like that again, leave it at your cleavage why you showing off your tat again, strutting round like you done forgot what your daddy said, If it ain’t for sell don’t be looking like a mannequin.” While not currently attached to a larger project, I think you already know where to keep it locked from the DMV fast riser.
Written by Jay Flowins on 01/19/11
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.