The 106th entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Phil Adé, the DMV native who recently earned rave reader reviews for mixtape single Hollywood. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Phil So Good freestyle, the 368 Music Group signee flows over a Sean “Puffy” Combs-produced instrumental originally featured on Ma$e‘s Feel So Good. Phil recently premiered the official music video for Hollywood, directed by Tabi Bonney and Cool Kids Forever Films, and is busy working on his next street album, the Don Cannon-presented The Letterman mixtape (featuring Raheem Devaughn, Tabi Bonney, Wale, Kingpen Slim, and more). In addition, the emcee has been touring the black college circuit, playing homecomings at schools like Acorn State, Bowie State, Howard U and NC A&T.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 11/3/09
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.