The 106th entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Phil Adé, the DMV native who recently earned rave reader reviews for mixtape single Hollywood. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Phil So Good freestyle, the 368 Music Group signee flows over a Sean “Puffy” Combs-produced instrumental originally featured on Ma$e‘s Feel So Good. Phil recently premiered the official music video for Hollywood, directed by Tabi Bonney and Cool Kids Forever Films, and is busy working on his next street album, the Don Cannon-presented The Letterman mixtape (featuring Raheem Devaughn, Tabi Bonney, Wale, Kingpen Slim, and more). In addition, the emcee has been touring the black college circuit, playing homecomings at schools like Acorn State, Bowie State, Howard U and NC A&T.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!