The 106th entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Phil Adé, the DMV native who recently earned rave reader reviews for mixtape single Hollywood. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Phil So Good freestyle, the 368 Music Group signee flows over a Sean “Puffy” Combs-produced instrumental originally featured on Ma$e‘s Feel So Good. Phil recently premiered the official music video for Hollywood, directed by Tabi Bonney and Cool Kids Forever Films, and is busy working on his next street album, the Don Cannon-presented The Letterman mixtape (featuring Raheem Devaughn, Tabi Bonney, Wale, Kingpen Slim, and more). In addition, the emcee has been touring the black college circuit, playing homecomings at schools like Acorn State, Bowie State, Howard U and NC A&T.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 11/3/09
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)