The 106th entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Phil Adé, the DMV native who recently earned rave reader reviews for mixtape single Hollywood. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Phil So Good freestyle, the 368 Music Group signee flows over a Sean “Puffy” Combs-produced instrumental originally featured on Ma$e‘s Feel So Good. Phil recently premiered the official music video for Hollywood, directed by Tabi Bonney and Cool Kids Forever Films, and is busy working on his next street album, the Don Cannon-presented The Letterman mixtape (featuring Raheem Devaughn, Tabi Bonney, Wale, Kingpen Slim, and more). In addition, the emcee has been touring the black college circuit, playing homecomings at schools like Acorn State, Bowie State, Howard U and NC A&T.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 11/3/09
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.