You might want to slip into something a little more comfortable for this one… like your birthday suit. Don’t get it twisted, though; while world premiere numero dos off Phil Adé forthcoming street album finds the DMV native trying to get a certain female “Out Your Clothes,” listeners expecting a sensual slow-jam will be surprised by the amount of energy on display. As on OMG, Dope Sunny helms the mixing boards, backing the track with a swirling, sizzling mix of synths and uptempo percussion as Phil fills us in on what’s been on his mind: “The point I’m tryin’ to pass here is, will you get your ass here? I’ma hit it like I’ve been in prison for the last year.” Topped off with a smooth hook and equally high-energy closing verse from guest singer extraordinaire (and fellow DMV native) Raheem Devaughn, Clothes may be better suited to the club than the bedroom, but those who enjoy a little foreplay on the dancefloor will find it suits their purposes perfectly. If you’re digging it, be sure to check back with us July 6, when the headliner’s DJBooth.net-sponsored The Letterman street album hits our front page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/22/10
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)