You might want to slip into something a little more comfortable for this one… like your birthday suit. Don’t get it twisted, though; while world premiere numero dos off Phil Adé forthcoming street album finds the DMV native trying to get a certain female “Out Your Clothes,” listeners expecting a sensual slow-jam will be surprised by the amount of energy on display. As on OMG, Dope Sunny helms the mixing boards, backing the track with a swirling, sizzling mix of synths and uptempo percussion as Phil fills us in on what’s been on his mind: “The point I’m tryin’ to pass here is, will you get your ass here? I’ma hit it like I’ve been in prison for the last year.” Topped off with a smooth hook and equally high-energy closing verse from guest singer extraordinaire (and fellow DMV native) Raheem Devaughn, Clothes may be better suited to the club than the bedroom, but those who enjoy a little foreplay on the dancefloor will find it suits their purposes perfectly. If you’re digging it, be sure to check back with us July 6, when the headliner’s DJBooth.net-sponsored The Letterman street album hits our front page for free streaming and download.
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.