You might want to slip into something a little more comfortable for this one… like your birthday suit. Don’t get it twisted, though; while world premiere numero dos off Phil Adé forthcoming street album finds the DMV native trying to get a certain female “Out Your Clothes,” listeners expecting a sensual slow-jam will be surprised by the amount of energy on display. As on OMG, Dope Sunny helms the mixing boards, backing the track with a swirling, sizzling mix of synths and uptempo percussion as Phil fills us in on what’s been on his mind: “The point I’m tryin’ to pass here is, will you get your ass here? I’ma hit it like I’ve been in prison for the last year.” Topped off with a smooth hook and equally high-energy closing verse from guest singer extraordinaire (and fellow DMV native) Raheem Devaughn, Clothes may be better suited to the club than the bedroom, but those who enjoy a little foreplay on the dancefloor will find it suits their purposes perfectly. If you’re digging it, be sure to check back with us July 6, when the headliner’s DJBooth.net-sponsored The Letterman street album hits our front page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.