You might want to slip into something a little more comfortable for this one… like your birthday suit. Don’t get it twisted, though; while world premiere numero dos off Phil Adé forthcoming street album finds the DMV native trying to get a certain female “Out Your Clothes,” listeners expecting a sensual slow-jam will be surprised by the amount of energy on display. As on OMG, Dope Sunny helms the mixing boards, backing the track with a swirling, sizzling mix of synths and uptempo percussion as Phil fills us in on what’s been on his mind: “The point I’m tryin’ to pass here is, will you get your ass here? I’ma hit it like I’ve been in prison for the last year.” Topped off with a smooth hook and equally high-energy closing verse from guest singer extraordinaire (and fellow DMV native) Raheem Devaughn, Clothes may be better suited to the club than the bedroom, but those who enjoy a little foreplay on the dancefloor will find it suits their purposes perfectly. If you’re digging it, be sure to check back with us July 6, when the headliner’s DJBooth.net-sponsored The Letterman street album hits our front page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.