I have no doubt that if I wrote “my story,” not only would it become a New York Times best-seller, it would have everyone wondering how I could have possibly emerged triumphant in spite of the injustices I’ve faced (having a hair in my soup at restaurants, not being able to find a parking space, etc.) Ok, fine. I can admit that Phil Adé’s story is much more interesting (seeing as how I’m not a rapper and all), and on his latest leak, My Story, making its worldwide premiere right here right now, we’re offered a snippet of his life – high school kid to rising star emcee. Team Demo’s light sprinkles of guitar and murmuring instrumentals, while having the potential to become the personal theme music of a private investigator, fits Ade perfectly, and as he tap-dances over the beat with two very satisfying verses, we’re only left wanting more. Fortunately, Phil Ade’s DJBooth.net-hosted album The Letterman drops next Tuesday, so if My Story only makes your hungrier for some good music, don’t worry. You’re gonna have a full stomach pretty soon.
Written by Matty K on 06/29/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.