I have no doubt that if I wrote “my story,” not only would it become a New York Times best-seller, it would have everyone wondering how I could have possibly emerged triumphant in spite of the injustices I’ve faced (having a hair in my soup at restaurants, not being able to find a parking space, etc.) Ok, fine. I can admit that Phil Adé’s story is much more interesting (seeing as how I’m not a rapper and all), and on his latest leak, My Story, making its worldwide premiere right here right now, we’re offered a snippet of his life – high school kid to rising star emcee. Team Demo’s light sprinkles of guitar and murmuring instrumentals, while having the potential to become the personal theme music of a private investigator, fits Ade perfectly, and as he tap-dances over the beat with two very satisfying verses, we’re only left wanting more. Fortunately, Phil Ade’s DJBooth.net-hosted album The Letterman drops next Tuesday, so if My Story only makes your hungrier for some good music, don’t worry. You’re gonna have a full stomach pretty soon.
Written by Matty K on 06/29/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.