What exactly is Phil Adé Monte Carlo Dreaming about? Riding around town in a brand new Chevy Monte Carlo? Grabbing his passport and flying to tropical paradise Monte Carlo? Or maybe it’s winning enough money at Las Vegas’ Monte Carlo casino to buy a Monte Carlo, drive it to the airport and fly to Monte Carlo. Either way the DJBooth Freestyle Alum isn’t afraid to dream big, and sound pretty damn dope while he’s at it. Frequent production collaborator Sunny Norway sets the pace with an appropriately glittering and riding beat that grabs…wait for it…indie rock band U.S. Royalty’s Monte Carlo. On the mic we’re treated to the kind of smoothly flowing and hilariously punchlined verses we’ve come to expect from Phil (I see you Wesley Snipes reference), although here he’s taking his inspirational delivery to a new level. It’s exactly the kind of high energy joint that should have fans riding with Phil all the way to the release of his upcoming album A Different World, due to drop July 19 over at 2DopeBoyz. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a Chevy dealership and a travel agency to visit.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/6/11
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.