They say good things come to those who wait, and while I have no idea who “they” are, they must have been talking about Phil Adé’s Hollywood (Remix). Although it’s been almost six months to the day since we first heard the young emcee’s Booth-approved original, the man’s obviously been busy in the meantime recruiting a superstar line up for the remix. How superstarish? Try Raekwon, Wale, tabi Bonney and Raheem DeVaughn for size. The soulful production, by double-first-named beatsmith Mark Henry, remains essentially untouched, giving the assembled crew the chance to shine, and shine they do. Or in Rae’s case, murder the track. The Chef’s dominating performance aside, the DMV quartet of Ade, Wale, Bonney and Raheem on the vocal tip more than do their region proud (especially Waleezy). Will Ade’s obvious lyrical skills and quotable punch lines be enough to earn him a star on the Walk of Fame? We’ll find out when his upcoming DJBooth and OkayPlayer presented album The Letterman comes out this June.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/13/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.