They say good things come to those who wait, and while I have no idea who “they” are, they must have been talking about Phil Adé’s Hollywood (Remix). Although it’s been almost six months to the day since we first heard the young emcee’s Booth-approved original, the man’s obviously been busy in the meantime recruiting a superstar line up for the remix. How superstarish? Try Raekwon, Wale, tabi Bonney and Raheem DeVaughn for size. The soulful production, by double-first-named beatsmith Mark Henry, remains essentially untouched, giving the assembled crew the chance to shine, and shine they do. Or in Rae’s case, murder the track. The Chef’s dominating performance aside, the DMV quartet of Ade, Wale, Bonney and Raheem on the vocal tip more than do their region proud (especially Waleezy). Will Ade’s obvious lyrical skills and quotable punch lines be enough to earn him a star on the Walk of Fame? We’ll find out when his upcoming DJBooth and OkayPlayer presented album The Letterman comes out this June.
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.