They say good things come to those who wait, and while I have no idea who “they” are, they must have been talking about Phil Adé’s Hollywood (Remix). Although it’s been almost six months to the day since we first heard the young emcee’s Booth-approved original, the man’s obviously been busy in the meantime recruiting a superstar line up for the remix. How superstarish? Try Raekwon, Wale, tabi Bonney and Raheem DeVaughn for size. The soulful production, by double-first-named beatsmith Mark Henry, remains essentially untouched, giving the assembled crew the chance to shine, and shine they do. Or in Rae’s case, murder the track. The Chef’s dominating performance aside, the DMV quartet of Ade, Wale, Bonney and Raheem on the vocal tip more than do their region proud (especially Waleezy). Will Ade’s obvious lyrical skills and quotable punch lines be enough to earn him a star on the Walk of Fame? We’ll find out when his upcoming DJBooth and OkayPlayer presented album The Letterman comes out this June.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/13/10
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)