I live in L.A. so I always find it a little amusing when out-of-towners talk about the riches of Hollywood (sorry to break it to you, but the neighborhood’s far more dirty and cheap than glamorous). Still, there’s no better insult to throw at someone who’s traded in their roots for fame than that they’ve “gone Hollywood,” a fate DMV-local Phil Adé is determined to avoid on his new single. It’s been a while since we last heard from Ade on Gimme Dat, but Hollywood proves it’s been well worth the wait. On the production tip Mark Henry serves up a lush and soulful beat, while Ade kills the lyrical side of the equation with clever lines like: “Continuin’ the mean flow, beatin beats until they need a stitch like Lilo.” Hey, anytime you can work in a Disney reference you gotta do it. You can hear more from Phil Ade on his Starting on Varsity mixtape, out now, and on his upcoming DJBooth freestyle. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Listen to More: Phil Adé
Written by Nathan S. on 10/14/09
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)