I live in L.A. so I always find it a little amusing when out-of-towners talk about the riches of Hollywood (sorry to break it to you, but the neighborhood’s far more dirty and cheap than glamorous). Still, there’s no better insult to throw at someone who’s traded in their roots for fame than that they’ve “gone Hollywood,” a fate DMV-local Phil Adé is determined to avoid on his new single. It’s been a while since we last heard from Ade on Gimme Dat, but Hollywood proves it’s been well worth the wait. On the production tip Mark Henry serves up a lush and soulful beat, while Ade kills the lyrical side of the equation with clever lines like: “Continuin’ the mean flow, beatin beats until they need a stitch like Lilo.” Hey, anytime you can work in a Disney reference you gotta do it. You can hear more from Phil Ade on his Starting on Varsity mixtape, out now, and on his upcoming DJBooth freestyle. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/14/09
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.