I live in L.A. so I always find it a little amusing when out-of-towners talk about the riches of Hollywood (sorry to break it to you, but the neighborhood’s far more dirty and cheap than glamorous). Still, there’s no better insult to throw at someone who’s traded in their roots for fame than that they’ve “gone Hollywood,” a fate DMV-local Phil Adé is determined to avoid on his new single. It’s been a while since we last heard from Ade on Gimme Dat, but Hollywood proves it’s been well worth the wait. On the production tip Mark Henry serves up a lush and soulful beat, while Ade kills the lyrical side of the equation with clever lines like: “Continuin’ the mean flow, beatin beats until they need a stitch like Lilo.” Hey, anytime you can work in a Disney reference you gotta do it. You can hear more from Phil Ade on his Starting on Varsity mixtape, out now, and on his upcoming DJBooth freestyle. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Listen to More: Phil Adé Written by Nathan S.
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.