I live in L.A. so I always find it a little amusing when out-of-towners talk about the riches of Hollywood (sorry to break it to you, but the neighborhood’s far more dirty and cheap than glamorous). Still, there’s no better insult to throw at someone who’s traded in their roots for fame than that they’ve “gone Hollywood,” a fate DMV-local Phil Adé is determined to avoid on his new single. It’s been a while since we last heard from Ade on Gimme Dat, but Hollywood proves it’s been well worth the wait. On the production tip Mark Henry serves up a lush and soulful beat, while Ade kills the lyrical side of the equation with clever lines like: “Continuin’ the mean flow, beatin beats until they need a stitch like Lilo.” Hey, anytime you can work in a Disney reference you gotta do it. You can hear more from Phil Ade on his Starting on Varsity mixtape, out now, and on his upcoming DJBooth freestyle. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/14/09
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.