Even The Chairman of The Board believed that things are greater when you’re downtown. The atmosphere, the drinks, the promiscuity; it’s hard to argue that such a combination isn’t even a little tempting once you’ve experienced it (the classy occurrences, not the bars that Nerf tequila down your throat with water guns). For his latest #PhilAdeFriday, the man himself is walking down the path of bright lights on Downtown, a track that delivers more creative lyrics (shock) and storylines (awe) from the DMV emcee. The bouncing Mark Henry beat makes for a great background on Ade’s work, another example of how great producers can make complex beats that sound simple, yet ill. The Freestyle Series alum depicts a story of both himself and the girl he’s looking to take home both trying to find answers on one of the better nights of the week, turning the single into something more than another tired weekend anthem. If you liked the way this urban vibe sounded, be sure to keep a lookout for more from Ade, including his weekly series (ending May 27) and his upcoming project, A Different World (out via 2DopeBoyz on July 12).
Written by Sigurd on 05/15/11
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)