Man, with Weezy Wednesdays, Phil Adé Fridays and Soulja Boy Saturdays I didn’t want Sunday to come! Okay, so thankfully only one of those series is real, but if someone is to continue a weekly series, I’m glad it’s Adé. The most popular man in hip-hop with an accent ague is taking Fridays by storm, this time around with a head-nodding homage by the name of De La Soul. The Letterman emcee’s ode is to one of the greats groups of his genre, which samples their single Breakadawn from ’93, back when, as Chris Rock puts it, you didn’t have to defend hip-hop so vigorously. The funny thing is that you don’t have to in this case either, as Adé adds just enough of his flavor to keep the song fresh while not forgetting about who paved his way (and using the same Prince Paul beat doesn’t hurt the dopeness level, either). After Rebecca Black we’ve all needed a reason to celebrate Fridays again, and that time has come friends. Keep it locked to the Booth for more from the DMV lyricist and his latest project, A Different World, due out later this summer.
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.