Man, with Weezy Wednesdays, Phil Adé Fridays and Soulja Boy Saturdays I didn’t want Sunday to come! Okay, so thankfully only one of those series is real, but if someone is to continue a weekly series, I’m glad it’s Adé. The most popular man in hip-hop with an accent ague is taking Fridays by storm, this time around with a head-nodding homage by the name of De La Soul. The Letterman emcee’s ode is to one of the greats groups of his genre, which samples their single Breakadawn from ’93, back when, as Chris Rock puts it, you didn’t have to defend hip-hop so vigorously. The funny thing is that you don’t have to in this case either, as Adé adds just enough of his flavor to keep the song fresh while not forgetting about who paved his way (and using the same Prince Paul beat doesn’t hurt the dopeness level, either). After Rebecca Black we’ve all needed a reason to celebrate Fridays again, and that time has come friends. Keep it locked to the Booth for more from the DMV lyricist and his latest project, A Different World, due out later this summer.
Written by Sigurd on 05/9/11
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.