So you didn’t feel what Nathan was saying last year when he gave Phil Adé’s The Letterman a solid four Booth spins (something that is always vied for in the music community)? For those who might have been too timid to jump on the Adé bandwagon, fear not, for you have a second chance this year. The Freestyle Series alum drops Break Me Off today, a little something-something that will have longtime fans and new listeners alike enjoying what the man is throwing down in 2011. Produced by BrandUn DeShay, the nothing-but-eclectic boardwork compliments Phil as his lyricism reveals he’s fearlessly honest thoughts; he’s not asking the world from his talents, but enough to make a living (a sentiment very few in the industry would ever echo). Now all we have to do is sit back, enjoy, and see how Phil’s ambitions play out in the coming year. If you liked this real talk, be sure to break off a piece of Ashley Outrageous Presents: The Playlist Vol. 2, which dropped today.
Written by Sigurd on 01/6/11
Submit your Rating
368 Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme Dat" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.