Generally, Square One isn’t regarded as a great place to be; if you end up there in the course of your career, you’ve experienced a major setback, and if you’ve yet to leave, you have some long days on the grind ahead. Phene has a different perspective. On a freshly-released loosie, the ATL-based buzzmaker uses the phrase to represent not disappointment and struggle, but the limitless opportunities available to a rapper on the come-up. Marc Johnson‘s funky sample work accompanies the artist as he outlines his positive-minded philosophy on the hustle. On the hook, he pays homage to Outkast‘s classic Skew It on the Bar-B. This promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on Phene’s next project, the currently-unscheduled Revelation 717.
High Off Life, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Freedom Ain't Free" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.