Back in September of 2009, Chi-town’s Beatmonstas reminded us that hip-hop is more than just Beats and Rhymes on their provocative, politically-charged Booth debut. On his first solo feature (and latest B-side), group member Phashara serves up something a little mellower, explaining that he wants nothing more than to spend his life soaking in the bright Sunshine... well, that and an end to the Iraq War, not to be at the mercy of a privileged upper class, safety for his family and, hey, a little spending money certainly wouldn’t hurt. Phashara’s verses may be chock full of incisive commentary on serious issues, but the artist’s laid-back, guitar-laced production and easygoing hook are perfect vibe out material. The result is a head-noddable summer jam for the conscious set… or a conscious joint for lovers of warm weather? Call it what you will but, if you’re impressed by Phashara’s skills on the mic and behind the boards, you’ll most definitely want to keep it locked for all the latest on his forthcoming street album, Pathways, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
Beatmonstas Entertainment, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.