Back in September of 2009, Chi-town’s Beatmonstas reminded us that hip-hop is more than just Beats and Rhymes on their provocative, politically-charged Booth debut. On his first solo feature (and latest B-side), group member Phashara serves up something a little mellower, explaining that he wants nothing more than to spend his life soaking in the bright Sunshine... well, that and an end to the Iraq War, not to be at the mercy of a privileged upper class, safety for his family and, hey, a little spending money certainly wouldn’t hurt. Phashara’s verses may be chock full of incisive commentary on serious issues, but the artist’s laid-back, guitar-laced production and easygoing hook are perfect vibe out material. The result is a head-noddable summer jam for the conscious set… or a conscious joint for lovers of warm weather? Call it what you will but, if you’re impressed by Phashara’s skills on the mic and behind the boards, you’ll most definitely want to keep it locked for all the latest on his forthcoming street album, Pathways, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: Phashara
Written by richard on 06/21/10
Beatmonstas Entertainment, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)