Back in September of 2009, Chi-town’s Beatmonstas reminded us that hip-hop is more than just Beats and Rhymes on their provocative, politically-charged Booth debut. On his first solo feature (and latest B-side), group member Phashara serves up something a little mellower, explaining that he wants nothing more than to spend his life soaking in the bright Sunshine... well, that and an end to the Iraq War, not to be at the mercy of a privileged upper class, safety for his family and, hey, a little spending money certainly wouldn’t hurt. Phashara’s verses may be chock full of incisive commentary on serious issues, but the artist’s laid-back, guitar-laced production and easygoing hook are perfect vibe out material. The result is a head-noddable summer jam for the conscious set… or a conscious joint for lovers of warm weather? Call it what you will but, if you’re impressed by Phashara’s skills on the mic and behind the boards, you’ll most definitely want to keep it locked for all the latest on his forthcoming street album, Pathways, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 06/21/10
Submit your Rating
Beatmonstas Entertainment, LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)