In 2003, Pharrell Williams took his first step into the spotlight with Frontin’, a debut single which saw him joining forces with rap mogul Jay-Z. At the time, Williams insisted the Grammy-winning jam was a one-off rather than the beginning of a solo career but, well, we all know how that turned out. Today Disclosure, the UK-based garage/electro duo behind Latch, liberated their remix of the now-classic cut, which they declared to be “one of [their] favourite songs ever.” In place of the original’s laid-back production, Guy and Howard Lawrence cook up an high-energy synth groove fueled by pounding four-on-the-floor percussion. Disclosure’s take on Frontin’ isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the twosome’s plans as further emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.