In 2003, Pharrell Williams took his first step into the spotlight with Frontin’, a debut single which saw him joining forces with rap mogul Jay-Z. At the time, Williams insisted the Grammy-winning jam was a one-off rather than the beginning of a solo career but, well, we all know how that turned out. Today Disclosure, the UK-based garage/electro duo behind Latch, liberated their remix of the now-classic cut, which they declared to be “one of [their] favourite songs ever.” In place of the original’s laid-back production, Guy and Howard Lawrence cook up an high-energy synth groove fueled by pounding four-on-the-floor percussion. Disclosure’s take on Frontin’ isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the twosome’s plans as further emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.