In 2003, Pharrell Williams took his first step into the spotlight with Frontin’, a debut single which saw him joining forces with rap mogul Jay-Z. At the time, Williams insisted the Grammy-winning jam was a one-off rather than the beginning of a solo career but, well, we all know how that turned out. Today Disclosure, the UK-based garage/electro duo behind Latch, liberated their remix of the now-classic cut, which they declared to be “one of [their] favourite songs ever.” In place of the original’s laid-back production, Guy and Howard Lawrence cook up an high-energy synth groove fueled by pounding four-on-the-floor percussion. Disclosure’s take on Frontin’ isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the twosome’s plans as further emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.