In 2003, Pharrell Williams took his first step into the spotlight with Frontin’, a debut single which saw him joining forces with rap mogul Jay-Z. At the time, Williams insisted the Grammy-winning jam was a one-off rather than the beginning of a solo career but, well, we all know how that turned out. Today Disclosure, the UK-based garage/electro duo behind Latch, liberated their remix of the now-classic cut, which they declared to be “one of [their] favourite songs ever.” In place of the original’s laid-back production, Guy and Howard Lawrence cook up an high-energy synth groove fueled by pounding four-on-the-floor percussion. Disclosure’s take on Frontin’ isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the twosome’s plans as further emerge.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It Up" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.