Three months after the release of Marilyn Monroe, the second smash-hit single off his sophomore solo set (If you have to ask what the first was, I presume you’ve been living under a rock), Pharrell Williams returns to our front page with Come Get It Bae. On this bubbly selection, the pop heavyweight invites ladies to “ride my motorcyle” (but warns them to “take it easy on the clutch”), backed by a rhythmic handclaps and a funky, minimal guitar riff. Miley Cyrus provides a sultry guest bridge, and Luis Cerveró directs the official video—do I even have to specify that it’s full of beautiful women? For more, cop Pharrell’s G I R L LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.