I hate waking up from an amazing dream where I’m about to finally meet my dream girl. The difference between me and Pharrell is that he can go from that exact dream to a video shoot in a dance studio full of equally beautiful women in tights or close to no clothing. Pharrell stays winning. In a new video for his latest international single, Marilyn Monroe, Skateboard P casts a variety of felines to celebrate the rich diversity of women around the world. The production has the right groove, with enough pomp and circumstance, to set off a black tie affair in the right direction…a dance off. The director, Luis Cervero, mixes in candid and non candid shots of females from all corners of the globe with choreography that will certainly inspire some fan created videos. Although it may not be as ambitious as his 24-hour running Happy video, Marilyn Monroe is absolutely visually stunning in its own right. All of those arguments that suggest the Neptunes producer only favors one kind of girl can end now, forever. You can throw your own dance party with gorgeous women by checking out G I R L in its entirety.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.