I hate waking up from an amazing dream where I’m about to finally meet my dream girl. The difference between me and Pharrell is that he can go from that exact dream to a video shoot in a dance studio full of equally beautiful women in tights or close to no clothing. Pharrell stays winning. In a new video for his latest international single, Marilyn Monroe, Skateboard P casts a variety of felines to celebrate the rich diversity of women around the world. The production has the right groove, with enough pomp and circumstance, to set off a black tie affair in the right direction…a dance off. The director, Luis Cervero, mixes in candid and non candid shots of females from all corners of the globe with choreography that will certainly inspire some fan created videos. Although it may not be as ambitious as his 24-hour running Happy video, Marilyn Monroe is absolutely visually stunning in its own right. All of those arguments that suggest the Neptunes producer only favors one kind of girl can end now, forever. You can throw your own dance party with gorgeous women by checking out G I R L in its entirety.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It Up" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.