As anyone familiar with his oeuvre already knows, Pharoahe Monch can outspit the average rapper in his sleep. Be that as it may, he doesn’t take the title of his latest feature as an excuse to nap on the job. In fact, new single R.E.M is lucid and hard-hitting even by the East Coast veteran’s standards. Coming on the heels of January’s aptly-titled Bad MF, this joint follows in its predecessor’s bold and aggressive footsteps. Canadian heavyweight Marco Polo‘s relentless bassline, looped guitar notes and brass stabs accompany Pharoahe as he trades tightly-wound verses with Roots frontman Black Thought. Polo ties the package together with some skillful cuts. Like what you’re hearing? You won’t have to wait long for more; P.T.S.D., the artist’s senior set, is slated to hit record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, April 15.
Written by richard on 04/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.