A few singles from Pharoahe Monch’s upcoming release, Desire (“Push” and “Let’s Go”), have opened a few ears and brought attention back to the Queens MC that has, for the most part, been absent from the mainstream. His newest single, also entitled Desire, continues with this trend in a grand fashion. The Alchemist, a never failing force on the production tip, creates an almost gospel feel on this record combining a string section with a super smooth bass line, rounded out by a chorus of harmonizing choir singers. With this fresh new sound, coupled with his already distinguishable rhyming pattern, Pharoahe Monch has found a way to share with us his strong desire to make great music!
Written by Lochy N. on 02/9/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.