A few singles from Pharoahe Monch’s upcoming release, Desire (“Push” and “Let’s Go”), have opened a few ears and brought attention back to the Queens MC that has, for the most part, been absent from the mainstream. His newest single, also entitled Desire, continues with this trend in a grand fashion. The Alchemist, a never failing force on the production tip, creates an almost gospel feel on this record combining a string section with a super smooth bass line, rounded out by a chorus of harmonizing choir singers. With this fresh new sound, coupled with his already distinguishable rhyming pattern, Pharoahe Monch has found a way to share with us his strong desire to make great music!
Written by Lochy N. on 02/9/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.